The Robin Becker Prize was suspended for 2014 (as were all submissions) but will resume in 2015; there will be no reading fee (we’re hoping that the series will be funded through book sales and donations alone). Please check back for new, updated information on how to submit your poems.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
This chapbook series honors Robin Becker, whose continuing accomplishments as a poet, professor, and mentor of lesbian and gay writers deserve wider acclaim. Becker serves as poetry editor for the Women’s Review of Books and is a professor of English and Women’s Studies at Pennsylvania State University. She is the author of seven collections of poems, including Giacometti’s Dog (1990), All-American Girl (1996), The Horse Fair (2000), Domain of Perfect Affection (2006), and Tiger Heron (2014), all from the University of Pittsburgh Press, and of the chapbook Venetian Blue (Frick Art & Historical Center, 2002).
Titles in this series to date:
- Lost Lands by Judith Barrington (2008 winner, selected by Robin Becker)
- Postcard from P-town by Steven Riel (2008 finalist)
- Scavenge by RJ Gibson (2009 co-winner, selected by Ruth L. Schwartz)
- Inland Sea by Erin R Bertram (2009 co-winner, selected by Ruth L. Schwartz)
- Radiantly We Inhabit the Air by Christina Hutchins (2010 co-winner, selected by Eloise Klein Healy)
- The Mystery of Horses by Austin Gray (2010 co-winner, selected by Eloise Klein Healy)
- Each Perfect One by Ellen Goldberg (2011 co-winner, selected by Judith Barrington)
- Catch & Release by D. Gilson (2011 co-winner, selected by Judith Barrington)
- Indecency by David J. Daniels (2012 co-winner, selected by Elena Georgiou)
- Portraits by Sarah Wiseman (2012 co-winner, selected by Elena Georgiou)
- Something to Hide My Face In by Doug Paul case (2013 winner, selected by Ron Mohring)